All About Wheelchairs
What You Should Know BEFORE You Buy One!
At some point in your life chances are, you will have a need to know something about wheelchairs. It may be no more than being wheeled to your vehicle after a hospital stay. Hopefully, that’s the extent.
The fact is, however, many of us find ourselves in the position of caring for a loved one who is injured or disabled. What we previously gave little thought suddenly becomes overwhelming.
Will you be prepared?
You spend thousands of dollars each year to insure your car, home, health and even your life. With the exception of life insurance, the odds are that you may never use any of them. Does that mean that you cancel them? Of course not.
What it does mean is that you can be prepared on the outside chance that a need should ever arise. And, the good thing is that it won’t cost you thousands like your other insurance, just a few dollars.
You will be amazed at the different types of wheelchairs that are available. As you can see, they are as varied as the illnesses and disabilities that befall us:
* Wheelchairs A to Z – An overall picture of the various uses and purposes of wheelchairs.
* Different Types of Wheelchairs – A general look at what the different types of wheelchairs are and which ones may suit your purpose.
* Manual Wheelchairs – This is the type of wheelchair that is the most common and there are variations on it such as tilting or reclining.
* Bariatric Wheelchairs – A discussion of manual and electric models of this type of chair including a description of who may require one of these wheelchairs and how it fits their needs.
* Handcycles and Trikes – No, we aren’t talking about your child’s toys. These are highly specialized with both manual and electric models.
* Lifts, Ceiling Tracks and Overhead Lifts – Wheelchairs often work in tandem with other equipment designed to help the handicapped and we discuss them here.
* Stair Glides, Platforms and Elevators – Wheelchairs no longer have to limit the passenger to a single level. Have to negotiate multiple stores? No problem and we’ll show you how.
* Wheelchairs for the Shower – Yes, it is possible to bath and shower in your chair.
* Driving and Wheelchairs – Discover how people can be as independent as they choose and drive themselves.
* Electric Scooters – Did you know that there are 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, lightweight transportable scooters as well as muscle scooters?
* Pediatric Wheelchairs – These come in manual, power even stroller type that tilt and recline.
* Power Wheelchairs – Getting Serious – Front wheel drive, mid-wheel drive, power elevating – like something out of Star Wars!
* Sports Wheelchairs – These are very specialized types of wheelchairs designed for the sport you prefer. Learn all about basketball wheelchairs, rugby wheelchairs and just about any other sport of your choosing.
* What About Used Wheelchairs – What are the possibilities of buying a used wheelchair and how do you shop for one?
* Wheelchair Accessories and Parts – Everything from covers, cases, spoke guards and more – learn all about what’s available.
Hopefully, you will never need a wheelchair. But, just as we discussed earlier, you need to be prepared. Or, maybe you currently have a wheelchair and you would like to upgrade.
Whatever your reason, finding answers to those burning questions is just a click away.
Order your copy of “All About Wheelchairs” right now and get the answers to all of your questions today!