The vibrant pink fruit seems exotic without any doubt, and this is why it got a mysterious name of dragon fruit. This fruit belongs to cactus family. The scaly outer walls a white or reddish fleshy interior specked with the black seeds, which is sweet flavor and incredibly refreshing. Know the top 10 reasons why you should eat dragon fruit.
How to eat Dragon Fruit Raw?
It’s stated the most effective solution to savor dragon fruit would be to consume it fresh. You should peel outer part and then piece the interior flesh according to your choice or you may also scoop out with a spoon. Include it to the fruit bowl or just drizzle using a little bit of honey and love as a fast bite. Additionally, it is popular to shake up mock tails along with other drinks as it is mixed nicely with the other flavors. Read more about how to eat dragon fruit raw?
The dragon fruit is called pitaya in Hindi, this is a nutritional powerhouse, equipped with numerous health gaining properties. In addition, it’s low in calories, high in antioxidants and zero cholesterol. In the event you want some convincing factors, here are several reasons why it’s beneficial to you.
10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Dragon Fruit:
1. Cancer Prevention: Regardless of vitamin C, dragon fruit contains carotene, which can be linked to a number of anti-carcinogenic qualities, including reducing numerous tumors. Also, lycopene, responsible for the reddish color in the dragon fruit, continues to be revealed to be associated to reduce prostate cancer risk. A 2011 study printed in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention revealed lycopene consumption of less than 2,498 mcg/day raised the risk of prostate cancer, while a higher consumption of the fruits, vegetables, and lycopene-rich foods, including being physically active, can considerably reduce the threat.
2. Curbs Arthritis: The arthritis directly impacts the joints and results in intense immobility and irritation. Adding the dragon fruit to your own diet can assist you to fight these disorders. Dragon fruit’s advantages for individuals affected by arthritis are really so great that it is usually described as the “anti-inflammatory fruit.”
3. Reduces Indications of Aging: Consuming a dragon fruit with its abundant antioxidants keep the skin youthful and tight. You can also create a face mask utilizing the fruit along with the honey as an all-natural alternative to the anti-aging masks.
4. Vitamin C: Because the dragon fruit is an excellent supply of vitamin C, it will help in strengthening resistance, helping the iron absorption by the entire body, creating collagen making our teeth fitter, and encouraging a healthy as well as glowing skin.
5. High Supply of Potassium: The dragon fruit is packed with vital minerals, especially calcium and potassium which aid in preserving bone structure. Routine ingestion of the potassium is very critical for the body’s nervous functions. In simple words, the potassium plays an important role in preserving water content, acid or pH balance in the body. If you’re a diabetic, consuming a diet that is rich in the potassium can allow you to shield your kidney and heart.
6. Skin Care: This exotic fruit is popular in natural treatments for attractiveness due to the high antioxidant content in addition to vitamins. Early beauty practices in Southeast Asian nations think that making a paste of the dragon fruit flesh, then using it consistently in the face might aid in slow down the procedure for ageing, making you appear younger. The paste can also be utilized in treating sunburn and acne.
7. Heart Healthy: Since the dragon fruits are packed with antioxidants and fiber, they both lead to keeping your heart youthful and healthy. They fight against the plaque clogging up in arteries, and keeping the normal blood flow within the body.
8. Antioxidant Rich: Lively in color, which likewise means that the dragon fruit is full of phytonutrients that supply you needed a dose of antioxidants. The antioxidants aid in fighting the free radicals that could harm your cells and cause cancer as well. A diet that is rich in the antioxidants is believed to maintain your heart healthful as well as the skin youthful.
9. High in Fiber: Based on a research conducted by the researchers at the University of Leeds, raising consumption of fiber-rich foods lower the risk of both coronary heart disease (CHD) and cardiovascular disease (CVD). Dragon fruit is an excellent supply of dietary fiber, so that it’s not just perfect for one’s heart, but in addition helps in keeping weight and blood pressure in control.
10. Low Cholesterol: The dragon fruit is exceptionally low in bad cholesterol, in addition to trans fats and saturated fat. Routine ingestion of this fruit can’t only be refreshing, but also assist you in keeping a healthier heart in future. People who are on a weight reduction program, it is advisable to have it in the daily diet. In addition, the seeds within the fruit are packed with the omega 3 fatty acids that are necessary for the wellbeing of our health.
Cooking with Dragon Fruit:
In case you haven’t tested much with the dragon fruit in your kitchen, here are the two simple recipes that can help you get started. The Asian salad makes for an ideal work lunch – light as well as refreshing, though the smoothie could be your post work out fix as well as a healthier breakfast alternative. Find out the best way to make dragon fruit and yoghurt smoothie and oriental dragon fruit salad.
Dragon fruit is a nutritional powerhouse and now you have learned the 10 Reasons why you should eat dragon fruit. Do you know more benefits that can be added to this list? If so, then comment on this post to help others and share with your friends.
Watch This video, which reveals the health benefits of dragon fruit.